|Administrative history||The Dietetic Department came into existence in 1928 with the appointment of the first Dietician, Margery Abrahams, on November 1st. This came about following guidance from the Medical Council that such a position was necessary. It has existed continually ever since and has expanded, taking on an Assistant Dietician in 1930 and having unpaid students assisting their work from 1928 onwards. Previously, patients' nutritional needs had been met by the nurses and dietary policy decided by the Governors and Physicians. In 1975 the department moved to 11-12 Bartholomew Close. |
The department is now called Nutrition and Dietetics, and has staff located across all of the Trust sites.