|Administrative history||A site at Whitechapel, the Mount and Mount Field, was acquired by the Governors to erect a new hospital building, which began in 1752. The London Hospital, as it had become known, partially opened in 1757. The building of the front block was completed in 1759. There have been many subsequent alterations, developments and extensions.|
Most of the Southwark Bridge Buildings were given anonymously to the Hospital in 1923. Further purchases were made in 1960 and 1962, and the whole was sold in 1965.
|Arrangement of the records||The subfonds takes the following arrangment:|
RLHLH/S/1 - Estate maps and plans, 1783 - 1957
RLHLH/S/2 - Hospital buildings: plans and drawings, 1752 - 1981
RLHLH/S/3 - Estate buildings: plans and drawings, 1891 - 1932
RLHLH/S/4 - Hospital buildings: miscellaneous, 1905 - 1963
RLHLH/S/5 - Estate: miscellaneous, 1807 - 1948