|Description||The records listed below were collected by the London Hospital School of Nursing (afterwards Princess Alexandra School of Nursing and Midwifery) and were transferred to the Trust Archives in 1991. They are listed separately from the records of The London Hospital Nursing Service (RLH Archives collection reference LH/N), which derive, in the main from, Matron's Office (later Central Nursing Office). The papers listed here were sorted under subject headings by the School of Nursing to facilitate research. |
The material originates from The London Hospital School of Nursing 1880-1967, the Princess Alexandra School of Nursing 1967 - 1987, and the Princess Alexandra College of Nursing and Midwifery (afterwards the Princess Alexandra and Newham College of Nursing and Midwifery), 1989 - 1993, when the College merged with St Bartholomew's College of Nursing. Subsequent records from 1993 onwards are held by the City University, St. Bartholomew School of Nursing and Midwifery.